The Creative Services/Print Production Manager manages all creative department agency operations. The Manager provides administrative and organizational leadership to the creative staff. Scope of responsibility includes management of creative staff, client creative deliverables and related job process flow using WebVantage. Oversees the Traffic position and provides support to Account Managers for project budgeting/estimating.
Purchases print materials, manages publications production and printing, specialty items, signage, photography services, etc. Maintains vendor relations and continually researches new vendors and products staying current with trends. Estimating, file prep, specifications, communication, printing, schedules, distribution, and on-location press approvals when applicable.
- Build and promote a direct and contemporary connection between the creative department and the agency’s other departments.
- Direct all printing/product related aspects within the agency. Conduct vendor research and manage relations. Gather comparison pricing and negotiate costs.
- Approve printing invoices and produce purchase orders. Settle disputes and maintain contact with vendors & accounting to process in a timely manner.
- Manage, monitor, and provide support to the Traffic coordinator to initiate job process including update schedules, make creative assignments, monitoring status on all jobs, ensuring deadlines are met working within budget parameters.
- Manage print and publication time-lines to assure delivery of all stages of the projects.
- Work closely with CD and ACD to ensure agency and client standards for creative product are met.
- Work with all agency staff and departments for total project management needs and agency process/Webvantage.
- Participate in internal project and management meetings.
- Make determinations about staff productivity and utilization to avoid bottlenecks and ensure proper work distribution.
- Work along-side CD and HR to execute creative department staffing and development initiatives.
- Review and approve creative staff time, PTO requests and expenditures.
- Provide Account Service team creative budgets/estimates for input into WebVantage system to track against time, understand goals and objectives and identify appropriate conceptual parameters and approach within the agency.
- Represent the agency professionally and effectively with media and vendors.
Qualified candidates submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.